Quote of the Day

Quote of the Day:
“There are tomorrows on their way worth the struggles of today. Never give up.”
~ Richelle E. Goodrich, Slaying Dragons

Friday, April 27, 2012

Wondrous Surprise!

So..... here I am, running around the house accomplishing the many tasks that a wife and mother must see to, keeping up a seriously darn good pace and multitasking like you've never imagined when...BAM!...out of nowhere the UPS man drops off an unexpected package at my door.  Of course everything comes to a screeching halt.

Hmmmmm.

Honestly, I wasn't even home to receive the small, cardboard box.  I was wisking my son off to guitar lessons and being very careful to keep to the speed limit on my way home, eager to check on the pot roast browning in the oven.  A large, dark, ominous UPS truck passed me as I didn't squeal the tires turning the corner to my house. 

Curious.  The truck, I mean.

As soon as I stepped through the front door my family announced.  "Mom!  It's your book!"

"My what?"

"Your book!  We think it's here!"

I stared at the little cardboard box on the kitchen table.  My eyes flickered to the upper left-hand corner to read the name of a publishing company.  My heart picked up tempo.

Oh wow!  This wasn't supposed to arrive for another week!

With trembling hands I managed to swipe a sharp blade through the packaging tape and open the flaps.  Reaching in, I removed a layer of padding.  Beneath that was a letter from the publishing company that quickly fell by the wayside.  Beneath that was my book. 

My book!

I dared to touch it.  A bright and glossy paperback.  In print!  With my artwork and my name on the front cover!   Eena, The Dawn and Rescue by Richelle E. Goodrich

Whoa.  So how do you react to seeing your story refashioned into an actual book?  Your daring dream come true?  Five years worth of hard effort and painstaking rewrites and earnest prayers all culminated in a small cardboard box?  All I could do was stare while my shaky fingers flipped through the pages. 

"It's my book," I managed to announce to those standing around the table watching me.  (Yeah, duh, Mom.)

This must be what the euphoria of being in shock feels like.

I appreciate the support of allfriends, family, co-workers, acquaintances, and even kind strangersin helping me to successfully promote and sell my book and, in the process, experience the fulfillment of a dream.

Truly,
Richelle E. Goodrich


No comments:

Post a Comment