Thursday, August 27, 2015

Contemplating Crazy Things


I contemplate a lot of things,
Like why the sky's a shade of green,
And how it is that lions fly
While birds with wings refuse to try.

It's strange how snowmen never melt,
And sweaty feet are sweetly smelt,
And how so commonly we see
Young hippos nesting in a tree.

I wonder how they get up there,
And why the world is mostly square,
And how huge every nose would be
If we had only one, not three.

I cannot guess why hills are flat,
Nor can I say why twigs are fat.
I do not know how mud keeps clean,
Or why small kittens act so mean.

And while I'm thinking all this stuff,
Consider black marshmallow fluff,
And how the rainbows twist and coil
Around the clouds down to the soil

Imagine if our teeth were white
I'd want to keep them out of site!
It's crazy stuff I see in dreams,
To contemplate so many things.

Copyright 2015 Richelle E. Goodrich



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: