Quote of the Day

Quote of the Week:
"On this day, take time to remember those who have fallen. But on every day after, do more; put the freedoms they died for to greater and nobler uses."
~ Richelle E. Goodrich, Slaying Dragons

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Slaying Dragons Week―Day 3



This is day three of "Slaying Dragons Week" in which I am celebrating a big accomplishment―my newly-released book. It is a wonderful collection of original quotes, poetry, and short stories for every day of the year. In honor of “Slaying Dragons Week” I am sharing a daily quote from the book as well as a bit of trivia relating to the making of it. Here is the quote for today:

“There are tomorrows on their way worth the struggles of today. Never give up.”

Did you know that I wrote this book almost entirely on sticky notes? Yes, it's true! Authors are constantly writing in their heads, and I am no exception. While at my day job, I frequently reached for a sticky note to jot down poetic lines and insightful human truths as well as story ideas that formed in my mind, often at inopportune times. But to fail to record a "muse moment" usually results in losing it forever. I can tell you I now have a collection of scribbled quotes and poems on sticky notes that altogether form the raw, unedited makings of the book, 'Slaying Dragons.' I think I shall keep the collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment