Friday, August 7, 2015

Bad Day

Imagine the following true incident foreshadowing every stretch of my waking hours, and you'll understand exactly what sort of day I've had....

After dealing with an unpleasant phone call interrupted by an inconvenient surprise visit, I left the house to go run a necessary errand.  Slipping into the front seat of my car, I immediately realized some irritated, buzzing insect had entered with me.  I imagined an angry wasp.  Then I panicked, noticing the thing was attached to my hair and struggling to break free.  Shoving open the car door, I jumped onto my feet while vigorously shaking my hair, hoping the wasp would fly free and leave me unharmed.  Imagine the immense relief I felt when a fly (not a wasp) escaped my tangled curls!  It lasted for a split seconduntil the stupid fly flew up my nose.  No amount of gagging could save him.


Some days you wonder why you even bothered to venture out the front door.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: