Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Slaying Dragons Week―Day 3

Slaying Dragons: Quotes, Poetry, & a few Short Stories for Every Day of the Year

This is day three of "Slaying Dragons Week" in which I am celebrating a big accomplishment―my new book. It is a wonderful collection of original quotes, poetry, and short stories for every day of the year. In honor of “Slaying Dragons Week,” I am sharing a daily quote from the book, as well as a bit of trivia relating to the making of it. Here is the quote for today:

“There are tomorrows on their way worth the struggles of today. Never give up.”

Did you know that I wrote this book almost entirely on sticky notes? Yes, it is true! Authors are constantly writing in their heads, and I am no exception. While at my day job, I frequently reach for sticky notes to jot down poetic lines and insightful human truths as well as story ideas that form in my mind, often at inopportune times. But to fail to record a "muse moment" often results in losing it forever! Not worth the risk!

Now that the book is done and published, I have a substantial collection of quotes and poetry scribbled on sticky notes that altogether form the raw, unedited makings of Slaying Dragons. I think I will keep the collection and maybe hand it down to my children someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: