Saturday, December 31, 2016

Time Has Made Me Grateful

I was browsing through my old blog posts when I came across a post written four years ago at this same time of the holiday season. I had just self-published my first book with help from a third party. Feeling grateful, I had taken the time to make a list of the many small accomplishments experienced as a new Indie author.

Today, I look back at those initial joys and realize they have been added upon day-by-day. While I no longer use a third party to publish my books, I have gained tremendous knowledge over these four years enabling me to publish and illustrate my books as I see fit and at my own leisure. My talent for writing and illustrating has improved noticeably as I have worked at revising grammar and the written delivery of my stories. Looking back, comparing "then" and "now," I see I have much for which to be grateful.

Four years ago I noted that 40+ people had "liked" my most popular quote of 24 original quotes posted on Goodreads.com. Today 237+ people have "liked" my most popular quote (followed closely by 234 likes on my second most popular) of 1,000 original quotes now posted on Goodreads.

Four years ago I noted that 8+ people considered my writing good enough to call themselves a fan or follower. Today, 149+ people follow me on goodreads.com

Four years ago I noted that I had 12+ followers on Twitter. That number has jumped to 823+ Twitter followers as of today.

Four years ago I noted signing 45+ copies of my 1 published book. Today I have 7 published books available in paperback, and I have signed copies in the hundreds. (I no longer keep accurate track of the amount signed.)

Four years ago I penned this quote:

"Remember this - the journey is part of the dream. Whatever it is you're chasing, so long as you are actively moving in the right direction, the dream is coming true."

This truth still stands. I can see by greater numbers and improved talent and more, loyal followers that I am actively moving in the right direction. My dream is slowly coming true.

I feel immensely thankful for the opportunity to author books and poetry, to illustrate and then self-publish my works. It is a wondrous blessing extended to all writers in this age. Needless to say, I am looking forward with wide eyes, hoping for even greater accomplishments in 2017. Thank you sincerely to all who have helped in every small way to support this humble American author.
Happy New Year to all!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: