Friday, February 8, 2019

The True Story of a U.S. Soldier

Have you ever wondered what it was really like being drafted to fight in a war? Do you fully comprehend the sacrifices made by those who served as soldiers in wars past? Would you like to hear the true story of one of those soldiers?

Vietnam Diary: A Memoir for my Posterity by Lanny H. Starr is an autobiographical account told by the author. He was drafted into the Vietnam War and served a two-year tour of duty as an Army Sergeant. Following are a few reviews of the book:

"A very human and insightful tour of duty of a true patriot. Thank you Mr. Starr for serving our great country honorably in Vietnam, and sharing your story with us. I highly recommend this memoir, and sincerely hope that you, your family and fellow veterans are proud of their service."

"One of the most interesting books that I read...A must read. I felt like I was there. Thank you for your service."

"Great read really puts things about this time in our history in perspective. Glad to hear he got home OK."

"Very intense reading and you can feel how much this Nov cares about his men.glade you made it back home."

"This book was hard to put down because my mind kept coming back to the same staggering understanding: This isn't fiction; these things actually happened!"

1 comment:

  1. Lanny Starr is my uncle, this is definitely a book worth reading you won't be disappointed. Its easy to read and hard to put down, that's saying alot because i hate reading and this is the only book I've ever read cover to cover in my life. Lanny one Hell of a man.

    All gave some, some gave all.
    Never forget

    ReplyDelete

Comments: