Monday, March 27, 2023

My Wonderful Friends

       I am certain a person can traverse through life with as little social interaction as possible. Believe me as an introvert, this isn't an entirely frightening or unappealing notion. In truth, I find my own company to be rather pleasant and sometimes preferable. Don't think I am entirely a hermit; I do have a social life that most often involves my dearest, closest friends.

       I have never been one to boast an overabundance of friendships. My personal preference is a small group of hand-picked individuals whom I trust and love--friends in whose company I feel relaxed, safe, and appreciated. Though they may be few, they are treasured by me because of their loyalty and goodness... and probably because they have some of my own character quirks.

       I love my friends. They are the posts on which I lean when life throws me harsh trials. They are my confidants when I need a listening ear. They are my cheering section when I need a little more confidence. They are my partners in laughter and fun. They are the trustworthy people on whom I rely. Yes, I do value alone time for moments of self-reflection and to focus on creative endeavors, but when I need a friend, few put a smile on my face or warmth in my heart like those dearest and closest to me. Thank you, my wonderful friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: