Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Reading With Goodreads

If you are familiar with the Goodreads website, then you are probably aware of their annual personal reading challenge. It amazes me that some readers set their book-reading goals so high. One hundred books in a year? Wow! I suppose it is a doable goal if the pages are few or the books are read by Audible. Still, it seems quite a challenge to get through a hundred books in one year. At least for me it would be.

This year, 2024, I set my Goodreads reading goal small―a total of 10 books in all. So far, I have made it through one and a half. Most of the time I read thicker books because I like a story with substantial character and plot development. I do use Audible on occasion; however, I prefer curling up on the sofa with a tangible book in my hands. Paperback or hardcover, it does not matter so long as I can feel the texture of the pages as my fingers turn them one by one.


After finishing Divine Rivals by Rebecca Ross, I started Eragon again, written by Christopher Paolini. I first read Eragon about fourteen years ago and loved it. This time around I am finding it even more enjoyable as I note details missed during the first read. I plan to get through all four books in this series, hopefully before the end of 2024. I’ll let you know how it goes.


In the meantime, give Goodreads a try for yourself and make a personal reading goal. It can be as few or as many books as you like; you set the pace. Let me know if you add one of my books to your reading list; I would love that.
​Happy reading, everyone!


Richelle E. Goodrich


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: