Friday, December 31, 2021

The Journey Continues in 2022


     Can you believe nine years have passed since I published my very first book, Eena, The Dawn and Rescue ? It was a dream come true that took two years of initial writing, then editing, followed by a cover illustration, and finally work with a publisher. I was elated the day I held the first printed copy in my hands. I was an actual published author! 

     Soon after, I turned to social media sites to introduce myself and my book to the world. It was great fun gaining new followers little by little over time. Since then, I have received messages and emails from readers about my stories and quotes, not to mention questions from fellow authors about their works in progress. This journey still continues, and it is an exciting one.

     Many quotes from my written works have been posted on memes and media sites for people to enjoy. Some of my quotes have been reprinted in various books including multiple versions of Chicken Soup for the Soul and in an Oxford Philosophy: Being Human course book. One quote was used in a Revlon ad magazine campaign, and another was televised on an opening scene of the tv program, Alone, on the History channel. That was a thrill!


     At the end of each year, I like to look back and compare my starting numbers with present-day numbers such as likes and followers from various places. Progress, even a little, is encouraging. I have learned to appreciate the steady increase in sales, online posts, and loyal readers. So here goes another year of reflection...

Nine years ago, 40 people liked my most popular book quote on Goodreads out of about thirty quotes posted at the time. 
Five years ago, my most popular quote reached 237 likes (out of 977 posted.)  
Today, my most popular quote on Goodreads has 393 likes out of 1,667 quotes posted there. I love it!

Nine years ago, 8 people considered my writing inspiring enough to call themselves a fan or follower on Goodreads. 
Five years ago, the number reached 149
Today, 240 people follow me as fans on Goodreads. Thank you!

Nine years ago, I started with 3 followers on Twitter. 
Five years ago, that number increased to 887
Today, I have 2,337 Twitter followers. Thank you again!

Five years ago13,552 visits were made to my author website. 
Today, my author website has had 20,660 visits (and counting.) Yay!

Five years ago, 441 people followed my Facebook author page, 397 followed me on Instagram, and 41 followed me on Tumblr. 
Today918 people follow my Facebook author page, 562 follow my Instagram page, and 208 follow me on Tumbler. 

     Slow and steady progress. I am grateful for it.

     From my first book published in April of 2012, eleven others have followed: a six-book series titled the Harrowbethian Saga; Dandelions, a novel accompanied by a short fairytale; and four motivational books that give readers an original quote/poem/story for every day of the year. Book thirteen will soon follow, a Hallows Eve werewolf adventure titled The Tarishe Curse. I have to say, this is my dream coming true, and I am grateful for every step forward.


    




     I want to add a big THANK YOU to all who have supported me in my writing endeavors. Thanks for purchasing my books, thanks for sharing my books with others, and thanks for leaving kind comments and reviews on Amazon, Goodreads, and other websites where my books are sold. It really helps! 

     2021 was a difficult year in personal ways, and I did not get as much writing done as I had hoped. 2022, however, is a fresh chance to make new goals and put pen to paper. I suppose you could say... 
This year, I survived.
Next year, I will thrive! 

Happy New Year, all,
and best of luck on your own personal 2022 goals!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: