Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Monday, Countdown to Mother's Day

Often around Thanksgiving time, people spend a few moments in the preceding days writing about things for which they are thankful. The effort tends to promote a positive attitude as well as remind us that life is filled with much good.  In this same spirit, I have decided to use this week before Mother's Day to share things for which I am extremely thankful I gained from my mother. And because I love quotes and poetry, each day from now until Mother's Day will include an original quote pertaining to mothers.


Day 7
Today I have thought a lot about important things my mother taught me, and there is one truth above all else I am thankful she took the time to instill in my developing sense of identity: that is the knowledge that I am a child of God.  She taught me to believe in God, to pray and speak to Him daily, and to understand that He is my Heavenly Father.  This not only boosts my confidence but encourages me to strive to reach my greater potential and to live as a daughter in whom He would be well-pleased.  I am thankful my mother took the time to teach me of spiritual things.  I am a better person because of it.


"I am, for the most part, who I am
because my good mother was who she was."





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: