Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Being Grateful - Nov 10th

 

This November, I have taken on the challenge of pondering blessings that I commonly overlook. Things I would certainly miss if they were gone, yet scarcely give much thought. My goal is to share daily one typically-ignored blessing for which I am truly thankful.



Nov. 10th:


Today at work I was receiving packages, and I paused to admire a very sturdy, square box. The cardboard was thicker and more durable than typical shipping boxes, which enabled it to travel well across the states… unlike a great many thinner cardboard boxes that arrive banged and dented each week. I was contemplating snagging this impressive box for home use (It would be perfect for storing the ridiculous number of extension cords I own) when the thought crossed my mind that boxes are a really nice thing to have around. 

It’s hard to imagine a room without a box because there are so many uses for them. Along with shipping and freight boxes, there are storage boxes that pile up neatly in closets, sheds, and on shelves. Decorate a few boxes with ribbon and glitter to create beautiful gift packaging. Give bigger boxes to imaginative youngsters and watch how they invent forts, castles, cars, boats, and all sorts of other fun. Cats love to hide inside them. Dogs love to sleep in them. Throw some soil and seeds in a few small boxes and they become planters. Use boxes for moving, for keeping organized, for crafting… these wonderful cardboard rectangles have so many uses! 

I will admit I take them for granted (I bet you do too) but I am very thankful for the variety of boxes I utilize daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: