Friday, November 13, 2020

Being Grateful - Nov 13th

 

This November, I have taken on the challenge of pondering blessings that I commonly overlook. Things I would certainly miss if they were gone, yet scarcely give much thought. My goal is to share daily one typically-ignored blessing for which I am truly thankful.



Nov. 13th:


Imagine what the world would be like without paper. No notebooks on which to write, cardstock on which to print photographs, newspaper on which to print daily news. Nothing from which to make dollar bills or publish books or make paper planes. Sure, we can do these things digitally today… all except for making a paper plane… but there is something satisfying about tangible contact with paper products versus virtual, digital experiences. 

I love the feel of paper in my hands: the smoothness of glossy photos, the sensation of flipping pages, the heaviness of big books. My fingers find satisfaction brushing over embossed décor on Christmas cards and rubbing brand new dollar bills between my fingers. I like writing with pen on paper. I like receiving Thank You cards in the mail. I enjoy amazing origami created from the detailed art of folding paper. 

Paper is a versatile blessing that affords many tactile experiences for which I am thankful. Yes, including toilet paper. 2020 surely made us thankful for toilet paper—there is no digital substitute for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: