Sunday, November 15, 2020

Being Grateful - Nov 15th

 

This November, I have taken on the challenge of pondering blessings that I commonly overlook. Things I would certainly miss if they were gone, yet scarcely give much thought. My goal is to share daily one typically-ignored blessing for which I am truly thankful.



Nov. 15th:


I had a delightful time this weekend baking delicious treats with a very good friend. We made soft chocolate-chip cookies, homemade bread, big cream puffs, sweet apple pie, and a peach-apricot tart… and it’s not even Thanksgiving yet! 

Everything was made from scratch (not kidding!) and every recipe called for one main ingredient—flour. I grind my own wheat ahead of time and keep the flour in jars for ready use. Wheat flour is a good source of iron, thiamine, niacin, calcium, and vitamin B6, in addition to several vitamins and minerals. It is “the staff of life” and certainly stores well because it lasts FOREVER! Well, for many, many, many years anyway. 

Today I am grateful for the nutritional value of wheat and for flour that is a key ingredient in so many foods we eat (including the delicious waffles I made this morning!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: