Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Being Grateful - Nov 3rd

 


This November, I have taken on the challenge of pondering blessings that I commonly overlook. Things I would certainly miss if they were gone, yet scarcely give much thought. My goal is to share daily one typically-ignored blessing for which I am truly thankful.



Nov 3rd:

I am grateful for hellos. Every language around the world has its own way to say it—from hola, hallo, bonjour, dia dhuit, sveiki, xin chào… to… សួស្តី, வணக்கம், Здрастуйте, and many other versions of the same friendly welcome. 

Hello is a universally peaceful form of acknowledgement. It is an effective tool for painting smiles on human lips. It is a magic word that warms the hearts of recipients. I appreciate hellos. 

The word is often taken for granted, yet put to use multiple times a day as we seek to gain the attention of others and start up friendly conversations or just make someone feel welcomed and accepted. Uttering a simple “hello” is the best way to begin new friendships. I am grateful for this well-used and underappreciated word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: