Monday, November 23, 2020

Being Grateful - Nov 23rd

 

This November, I have taken on the challenge of pondering blessings that I commonly overlook. Things I would certainly miss if they were gone, yet scarcely give much thought. My goal is to share daily one typically-ignored blessing for which I am truly thankful.



Nov. 23rd:

Black licorice is such a unique flavor, is it not? As is Peppermint. Cinnamon. Salmon. Lemon. Anchovy. Chocolate. Butterscotch. Garlic. Jalapeno. Maple. Banana. The list goes on. 

A plentiful assortment of flavors can be found in this world, which makes for enjoyable dining experiences. From sweet to savory to sour, there is enough of a range in flavors to please every taste bud on the tongue. Isn’t it wonderful? 

Flavor is probably the most enticing reason we love to eat. When a dish tastes bland, a typical reaction is to reach for salt and pepper or for butter and honey or for mixed herbs—something to add desired flavor. It makes eating pleasurable. (Sometimes too pleasurable… curse you chocolate!) 

It would be terribly disheartening to find that my taste buds no longer worked properly. My desire to eat would decline, that is certain. So today, I am grateful for flavors and for my ability to enjoy them. Even black licorice. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: