Friday, November 6, 2020

Being Grateful - Nov 5th

 


This November, I have taken on the challenge of pondering blessings that I commonly overlook. Things I would certainly miss if they were gone, yet scarcely give much thought. My goal is to share daily one typically-ignored blessing for which I am truly thankful.


Nov 5th:

You know how it sounds when the house is quiet? Kids, spouse, pets, visitors all departed, leaving you the only soul at home. Television and radio off. Technology and appliances unplugged. Life at a standstill, inside and out. 

This silence isn’t inaudible but deeply hushed. Tiny clicks. Mild creaks. Gentle, steady tick-tocks. A tranquil hum sings in the air so soft and serene it lulls you in whispers, soothing to the ear. It is the sound of peace. It is the sound of relaxing quiet. I am thankful for moments flooded with this sweet sound.


November 6th 






November 6th

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: