Friday, November 20, 2020

Being Grateful - Nov 20th

 

This November, I have taken on the challenge of pondering blessings that I commonly overlook. Things I would certainly miss if they were gone, yet scarcely give much thought. My goal is to share daily one typically-ignored blessing for which I am truly thankful.



Nov. 20th:

There are certain types of people in this world who show exceptional skill at perceiving the feelings and thoughts of others. They are keenly aware of those around them, and sense emotions even when the emotions are intentionally hidden or suppressed. These individuals we call empaths.

Empaths are sensitive people who share in the pain and happiness of others without needing to live through the same experiences. They joy vicariously. They suffer vicariously. They often identify and understand your feelings before you do. An empath will ask if something is wrong, perceiving even a slight deviation in mood, often recognizing there is a problem before anyone else is aware of it. 

The wonderful thing about empaths is they compassionately discern feelings. They are sensitive, and they genuinely  care. It is a rare treat to befriend an empath. In a world that seems teeming with apathy, detachment, and spite, I am grateful for the empathetic individuals who continue to offer understanding, patience, and mercy. Thank you with all my heart, my empathetic friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: