Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Being Grateful - Nov 25th

 


This November, I have taken on the challenge of pondering blessings that I commonly overlook. Things I would certainly miss if they were gone, yet scarcely give much thought. My goal is to share daily one typically-ignored blessing for which I am truly thankful.



Nov. 25th:

I was blessed to grow up in the same house, in the same city, same schools, with the same friends for most of my childhood life. I had parents who established healthy routines and habits that lasted throughout those years. The stability I experienced as a result was comforting. It gave me an anchor I often needed when other areas of life gave way to every shift in the wind, as the world is prone to do. Even at a young age, I recognized and appreciated the security that existed in a stable home. It was a sure thing on which I could rely.

When I grew to be a parent, stability for my own children became a priority. I wanted to raise my kids in one house, a place they could call home no matter how drastically things changed outside. I was granted that blessing, and my kids grew up in the same house, the same city, same schools, having many of the same friends for most of their childhood. 

Even if they don’t realize it, that constant in their lives created stability, which has real benefits. Some of them include better health, a reduction in stress, deeper friendships, better habits, feelings of control, feelings of security, and less uncertainty about life. I am grateful my kids grew up with roots in a house and a hometown. I am grateful for the stability I too experienced growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: