Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Being Grateful - Nov 11th

 

This November, I have taken on the challenge of pondering blessings that I commonly overlook. Things I would certainly miss if they were gone, yet scarcely give much thought. My goal is to share daily one typically-ignored blessing for which I am truly thankful.



Nov. 11th:


I am grateful for the ability to choose. It is Veteran’s Day, a day to thank those who served to protect our country and our valuable freedoms… like the right to choose. 

Yes, I can hardly imagine how awful it would be to lose the right to make choices about my own life, things like what occupation to pursue, which religion to practice, what I believe or don't believe, whether to speak out or remain silent, how I want to live my life and so forth. Making choices is a precious blessing that I try not to take for granted, yet it is easy to think it will never be taken away. 

I know how dangerous it is to neglect appreciation for our rights and liberties, for the choices we are granted. I am thankful for them. And I am forever thankful for those who have fought to protect our right to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: