Sunday, November 8, 2020

Being Grateful - Nov 8th

 


This November, I have taken on the challenge of pondering blessings that I commonly overlook. Things I would certainly miss if they were gone, yet scarcely give much thought. My goal is to share daily one typically-ignored blessing for which I am truly thankful.



Nov. 8th:


I am grateful for vowels. Yes, vowels.
Have you ever thought about the difficulties that would arise if you were incapable of making the / a / e / i / o / u / sounds? Singing would be nearly impossible.   Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti Do   Try singing that without vowels! This fact hit me while watching The Tabernacle Choir on television. 

I was admiring their lovely harmony when it occurred to me that every sustained note was on a vowel. Every single one! After I attempted to sing a sustained consonant, I realized it was near impossible with most, and it was very unnatural with those consonants I managed to hold for a few long seconds. 

Vowels make music beautiful. They make language beautiful and simple to form in the mouth. Communication is soooo much easier and pleasant because of vowels. I never really thought about it before, but I am definitely grateful for vowels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: