Friday, November 6, 2020

Being Grateful - Nov 6th

 


This November, I have taken on the challenge of pondering blessings that I commonly overlook. Things I would certainly miss if they were gone, yet scarcely give much thought. My goal is to share daily one typically-ignored blessing for which I am truly thankful.



Nov 6th:

I was recently watching a cartoon about a teenage vampire. The show pointed out how to identify vampires—you simply look for their reflection in a mirror because they won’t have one. In this particular episode, however, the teenage vampire was surprised to view her reflection for the first time by aid of a special dark mirror. (Turns out it was cursed.) Nonetheless, she became fascinated by her pretty face, thrilled to glimpse her mirror-image for the very first time. It made me think. 

How strange would it be to live for years and years yet never see myself? How differently would humanity behave if there were no means by which we could see our own reflections? Would cosmetics still be popular? And who would apply the face paint for us? Would we trust them to do a good job without a way to personally judge the end-result? It’s sort of entertaining to think about. Yes, one could easily argue that vanity would shrink if reflections were not a thing. Still, I am grateful for mirrors. I am grateful I can see my own, unique reflection. (Whew… not a vampire.)


November 7th 




November 6th

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: