Thursday, November 26, 2020

Being Grateful - Nov 26th

 

This November, I have taken on the challenge of pondering blessings that I commonly overlook. Things I would certainly miss if they were gone, yet scarcely give much thought. My goal is to share daily one typically-ignored blessing for which I am truly thankful.



Nov. 26th:

My family just celebrated Thanksgiving, and my oh my did I use my hands a lot! I chopped a lot of vegetables, stirred thickened sauces, sliced a whole turkey, whisked and spooned and peeled and buttered and scrubbed... oh yes, my hands were very busy! 

Now that Thanksgiving is over, my kids are spending time together playing card games (busy with their hands) and I am writing this blog about how grateful I am for the hands I take for granted. I write, I draw, I paint, I play piano (a little) I cook, I clean, I type (for hours at work.) It is amazing how useful and used my hands are, yet I seldom stop to appreciate the miracle they are. I am very grateful to have two, healthy, able hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: