Saturday, November 21, 2020

Being Grateful - Nov 21st

 

This November, I have taken on the challenge of pondering blessings that I commonly overlook. Things I would certainly miss if they were gone, yet scarcely give much thought. My goal is to share daily one typically-ignored blessing for which I am truly thankful.



Nov. 21st:


I am thankful for socks. Thin socks. Thick socks. Furry socks. Cute socks. Ugly socks. Long, medium, and short socks. They are all magnificent! 

I love the feel of socks on my feet. They keep my toes warm, especially on chilly winter nights. They absorb perspiration while protecting my feet from abrasive shoes. They act as a layer between the soles of my feet and things like thorns, tiny rocks, and bits of broken glass that sometimes end up on the floor. 

Interesting fact: socks were first invented in the 8th century when they were fashioned from matted animal hair. 
I bet they were oh so soft! 

We are lucky today to have countless kinds of socks available to us. I admittedly own way more than I need! Nonetheless, it is gratifying to slip on a pair of fuzzy socks at the end of the day and prop up my feet on the coffee table. Ah, comfy socks, you make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: