Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Being Grateful - Nov 24th

 


This November, I have taken on the challenge of pondering blessings that I commonly overlook. Things I would certainly miss if they were gone, yet scarcely give much thought. My goal is to share daily one typically-ignored blessing for which I am truly thankful.



Nov. 24th:



I own a complete set of Star Trek porcelain figures that fit together like a puzzle. The set consists of eight members of the Next Generation’s bridge crew that form a nice display of the main bridge when arranged in the right order. Unfortunately, my son accidentally bumped the display one evening, and two of the figurines hit the floor and broke apart. Not a happy moment. 

Yesterday, I spent an hour carefully lining up each busted piece and gluing them back together with superglue. To my delight, the glue held strong! The repairs look as good as new. 

It was a relief to have something strong and sticky enough to repair my  treasured collectibles. I am thankful for adhesives like superglue, wood glue, gorilla glue, glue sticks and the like. They make repairs, crafts, scrapbooking, woodworking, packaging, and even some healthcare possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: