Saturday, November 28, 2020

Being Grateful - Nov 28th

 


This November, I have taken on the challenge of pondering blessings that I commonly overlook. Things I would certainly miss if they were gone, yet scarcely give much thought. My goal is to share daily one typically-ignored blessing for which I am truly thankful.



Nov. 28th:

I like titles and designations such as teacher, healer, mother, daughter, sister, philosopher, author, poet, manager, companion, wife… the list goes on. 

Some titles we earn. Others we are given. Either way, they play an important part in defining who we are, both to ourselves and to other people. They contribute to our developing self-image. A title outlines a role; it suggests what we do and what we know. 

It is a strange thing how a simple title or designation modifies the way we see ourselves. As we grow, our titles change and often multiply. With these changes in title come changes in our self-perception. I appreciate that they reflect our evolving maturity and progression over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: