Friday, November 27, 2020

Being Grateful - Nov 27th

 

This November, I have taken on the challenge of pondering blessings that I commonly overlook. Things I would certainly miss if they were gone, yet scarcely give much thought. My goal is to share daily one typically-ignored blessing for which I am truly thankful.



Nov. 27th:

I have a voice. With my throat and mouth, I can form audible sounds—words, laughter, melodies, and other noises. I can speak to an audience, argue with a colleague, giggle with my girlfriends, sing in a choir, yodel, whistle, cheer, and roar. It is wonderful to have a voice. 

I love using my voice to talk over the phone. My closest friend lives many miles from my house, so we spend many hours on the phone, often reading books to each other. My friend is talented at character voices, both male and female, which makes the stories come to life. It is incredible how a single voice can be altered to create such a wide range of sounds! 

I am grateful to have a voice with which to communicate and entertain, and I am grateful to hear so many wonderful voices chatting, singing, and laughing all around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: